- - Audit or Tax
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Competitive salary based upon experience
- Full Time
- This position is full-time and compensation includes a competitive salary plus bonus potential. The company also provides a robust benefits package including paid vacation time and personal days, group health insurance, life insurance, retirement savings plan with company match, and fitness center.
East Central Indiana's largest and most respected accounting firm has an opening for an accounting professional capable of combining outstanding technical skills with exceptional organization and communication abilities.
- Would you like to be a vital member of a professional accounting and advisory firm with nearly 90 years of history?
- Do you want to be with a firm where you can truly make a difference?
- Would you like to work for a firm that provides the resources needed to be successful?
- Are you seeking a long-term career opportunity?
If you can answer yes to these questions, we may have the opportunity you have been looking for
Staff Accountants with Whitinger & Company perform a variety of public accounting duties with general knowledge of most areas of the practice with tax preparation and auditing the primary areas of concentration. Opportunities for developing specific expertise will be available throughout your career. This role is likely to perform professional accounting services for individual, commercial and non-profit organizations insuring the work provided is accurate and complete. Anyone performing in this role must have exceptional communication skills allowing for effective relationship building at all levels.
- Knowledgeable in theory and practice of accounting, auditing and tax procedures
- Knowledgeable of federal, state and local tax laws
- Ability to create accurate work papers, tax returns and financial statements
- Ability to apply problem-solving, research and analysis skills
- Ability to maintain targeted level of charge hours
- Ability to complete work independently and adhere to scheduled deadlines and stime budgets
- Ability to complete work assignments with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in team situations
- Ability to prioritize individual workload
- Communicates a professional outlook internally and in public
- Identifies client development opportunities with potential clients
- Identifies service and relationship enhancement opportunities with established clients
- Is active in community, civic, professional and trade organizations
- Pursues professional development through regular CPE training
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Required – Bachelors Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- Preferred – Masters Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- Preferred – CPA candidate
- Preferred – Completed Internship with a Public Accounting Firm
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media